Adjectives on the Typewriter

she moves her words like a prizefighter

03 February 2006

Back to English (interinamente)

Gah, don't have much time, so forgive the fragmented nature of this post. First, a few ["random"] thoughts:

Yay for iPods: they are indeed proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy (to paraphrase Benjamin Franklin's thoughts regarding beer).

Never have I seen the Catholic faith more vilified than at the Jesuit university I attend.

Learning a second language is greatly impeded by one's complete ignorance of basic English grammar. Quote from today's Spanish class: "But I don't know what an adverb is, so how can I know when to use the subjunctive in an adverbial subordinate clause?"

This isn't really a thought, but here's a link to a most insightful and thought-provoking post. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay for iPods indeed. I dropped mine yesterday and it stopped working overnight. Fortunately, it started up again in the morning... I have no idea why. I guess it needed a break. Thank goodness it still works. If I didn't have it for the 35 minute each way drive every day, I'd go mad.

I hope you don't think I'm one of the people vilifying the Faith here! I like to think I vilify people and attitudes out of a love for the Faith. This sometimes (often) means lashing out against heretical Catholic priests. It doesn't help that just about every teacher here thinks he can share a chuckle with the class about the crazy things those old-time Catholics thought. I AM an old-time Catholic. :-)

February 3, 2006 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger em²ile² said...

No, I definitely didn't have you in mind when speaking of Catholic-faith-vilifiers. In fact, it's quite the opposite- you're one of the few who still stands for the traditional Catholic faith. And countering heresy is not vilifying, because it actually strengthens that faith.

February 6, 2006 at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home