Adjectives on the Typewriter

she moves her words like a prizefighter

03 October 2005

Credo in Unum Deum...

Title- I've been reviewing some of my Latin in hopes of taking a class next semester...the first thing that came to mind was the creeds (especially since they're used in the Gregorian Mass I attend every-so-often).

This post is inevitably very random because it's too hard to organize my thoughts against the cacophony of a dorm room.

Hehe, I "earned" a dollar from my New Testament professor this morning by answering his question about where Moses died. He so was not expecting anyone to know the answer. Why? Well suffice it to say that earlier in the class discussion one especially perceptive student noted that the biblical Moses account was really "just a Disney story." I laugh- but it's sad at the same time...

Yea! I have Wednesday off! Normally I would be upset about losing hours, but my gracious co-worker offered to switch me for Saturday, which gives me a slight break from the unrelenting school-work-Mock Trial schedule (non-stop from 8 am to 9 pm on Wednesdays).

Speaking of Mock Trial, I got moved from the freshman team to a higher level; now I'm "Cobalt" instead of "Coral." More work, more fun.

Lol, at work today I got in a serious fight with the power hose. It literally attacked me. To make matters worse, one of the technicians saw the whole thing from the other end of the hall (inside). Of course, it was too funny to keep to herself, so when I wiped the water from my eyes/face I saw my audience had grown to 7. Last time I leave that possessed thing on the automatic setting. And good thing scrubs dry fast ;)

Life is good. I think I'll go to bed.

PS: I was going to write a poem about the rain the other day, but it wouldn't come out. Sleep deprivation I suppose.

5 Comments:

Blogger marrie said...

I'm glad you are back!

October 5, 2005 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger em²ile² said...

It's so funny to hear that- I don't feel as if I've ever been gone, but I know how annoying it is when someone stops blogging for a while. Thanks for checking frequently enough to know when I "return"!

October 5, 2005 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Emmilee,

If you take Latin here at Gonzaga you shouldn't have any trouble. Fr. Krall, who teaches Latin here, is an excellent teacher. I never did very well in Latin in high school, but under Fr. Krall it suddenly clicked, and I got A's. He goes at a very nice pace, making steady progress without everwhelming his students. I'd definitely recommend taking Latin from him.

October 9, 2005 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger RickCapezza said...

Emmilee,

Who was the NT prof?

October 20, 2005 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger em²ile² said...

Rick,

His name is Virgil Thompson, but I think he goes by "Bud."

October 20, 2005 at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home