Adjectives on the Typewriter

she moves her words like a prizefighter

02 May 2005

Who cares about titles?

So, I spent the weekend with Jeeves and Wooster, completely ignoring the fact that I would have a philosophy midterm this morning. Oh well. At least I did something semi-educational by writing down all the foreign expressions in the book and looking them up. Still, I've only touched on Aristotle's Ethics and Plato's Dialogues and I'm far too tired to care at the moment. I amaze myself with how much time I manage to waste each day; what do I spend all those hours on? I get so little accomplished, but I really don't have that much to do compared to other people. A curious quandry.

No philosophy about which to blog beacuse, like I said, we took a midterm today so all we've been doing is review. Which, although terribly boring, is also practical; the test was exceptionally easy.

And so my entire weekend was spent reading and reviewing, though with a little bit of dancing in between. Did I mention the Samurai swords? I think I did. Anyway, my mind doesn't funtion properly on such low levels of sleep.


Random Humor:
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal they lay down and went to sleep in their tent. Some hours later, Holmes awoke Watson snd said "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you deduce." Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars." "What does that tell you?" inquired Holmes. "Astronomically, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What do you deduce?" Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke. "Watson, you idiot! Someone has stolen our tent!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home